Monday, February 9

more money for nothing

This morning I (finally) got my state tax return deposited into my checking account. I say "finally" even though I am very much aware that I only filed a week ago and that one week ain't so bad at all. I mean, prior to the invention of the internet by Al Gore in the late 1980's (that's a joke...) such a thing would have been deemed impossible. Heck, even after the invention of the Dubya Dubya Dubya it was years before any sort of system existed for the use of filing taxes online, or direct depositing of refund checks for that matter. I mean, I've been doing it for four years now...maybe only three...and it has spoiled me.

I mean, I sit here on my bed, typing on my laptop, complaining about how the world moves too fast and people don't take the time to slow down and enjoy life, LIVE life and here I am getting almost upset by the fact that my tax refund has (gasp!) taken a week and a day to get to me. *sigh* Kinda sad, isn't it? It's already amazing that I can get it at all within a four to six week time frame considering the millions of tax returns that the state has to go through in the span of two or so months, the fact that I can push "send" and have my money in my account in barely more time than it would take for a correspondence to travel from my place to the state capital and back again is really a sort of blessing. But I got anxious. Go figure.

I guess none of us are really all that immune to the trappings of the promises of the instantaneous lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home