Friday, February 6

tale of the tit

Why is this still news? Ugh. You know, in the last week the second Mars Rover has rolled off it's lander, David Kay has told the world that there aren't any WMDs in Iraq now or before the war, the President has been shown to be a liar, John Kerry has been made the presumptive nominee for president of the United States of America and still this crap about Janet Jackson and her nasty-ass, silver-plated breast is all over the bloody news. WTF?

Today I've heard or read stories about how Justin Timberlike was, like, "Oh my God!" [/valley girl voice] when he ripped her shirt off even though he had the look of a caveman that just clubbed his Saturday Night date over the head. I've heard how ER re-edited it's show last night because in it there was to appear a naked breast (edited out specifically because of this controversy). I've read that CBS has decided to put the audio and the video for this weekend's Grammy's on time-delay (which, of course, begs the question of how or why they would have time-delayed one or the other only but that's beside the point). And the list can go on.

GROW UP PEOPLE!!!!



Sheesh...it was just a bloody tit. Not even a particularly great one at that. It was only for a second or two AT MOST and, if you even saw it live, it was not so close as to see anything. All that aside, I do not see the need for so much controversy (I do not see why a breast on tv should cause any controversy at all, but that's beside the point) over it. Breasts are something that most of us have some sort of experience with, and a lot of it non-sexual. A lot of us sucked on them when we were small and half of us grew up to have them...hell, pump enough estrogen into even the most manly man and even he'll grow the things. I mean yeah, the meaning behind the whole breast-capade (I like that better than Boobiegate, sorry Dan) was sexual ("I'm gonna have you naked by the end of this song...blahty blah blah"), but seriously, IT WAS JUST A TIT! Considering there was a monkey trying to pick up a woman in one of the commercials and kids swearing in another, I think there are more worrysome things for us to, um, worry about.

/rant

What worries me most is that this sort of news gets everyone riled up whereas the exposure of the administration's misuse of faulty intelligence to send (at the time I'm hitting "post") 528 American servicemen and women to their premature deaths in the sands of a foriegn country that resents us being there is packed up and sent to the second page so that blurred out pictures of breasts can fill up the front page. Ugh, what this country needs is an enema. Seriously, I don't know if there is such a poll out there, but I'd REALLY like to see who's been hurt more by their respective revelations of the past week -- Janet Jackson or George W. Bush. I have a sneaky suspicion I wouldn't like the results.

Oh, and if you're reading this because you've googled "Janet Jackson's tit" or something...get a fucking life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home