Sunday, March 21

goodness

I rode my bike home from work on Friday. It wasn't a tremendous bikeride, but still 8 miles or so in around 45 minutes (plus a stop at the store in there) so it was still good. Especially considering it was only the third day I've had my bike on the road this year so my legs (well, and all the muscles used for bike riding) are still sorta out of it. It felt great though.

I hadn't planned on doing it either...I had gotten out of work fifteen minutes early and decided that I didn't want to wait the 20-25 minutes for the bus, I figured I'd bike the bus route and hop on whenever it caught up to me. It didn't. Ha. Anyway, I'm writing this because I've been finding myself looking outside and watching the weather report trying to figure out when I can do it again. Wind and cold and rain are kind of putting a damper on it until Wednesday or so, but I'm geeked.

...so much for being a lazy ass like I have been since I was a kid. Maybe this year the "get rid of my spare tire" resolution will actually come to pass. Heck, if I can put ten miles or more on my bike tires I figure I can eat about as much of anything that I want and still melt some of the fat off. SWEET. Feeling motivated for the first time in a long time feels wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home