Tuesday, March 16

growing some gonads

I know this is pretty much ridiculous to find any but the smallest iota of pride in, but I confronted my roommate today about his smoking in the apartment. It's been bothering me for months as he started doing it excessively when it got cold out. And when I gave up my little habit of smoking socially (and often times not) the smell became both disgusting and rather tempting and otherwise making my life way worse off than the benefits of having a roommate could make up for.

In any case, this has been a source of growing hatred towards my roommate for months now and I've been trying to confront him about it but kept making the excuse that I didn't just want to say something "out of the blue" and would instead wait until I could catch him. Unfortunately, he's not home during regular human hours and when he is it's pretty much going in and out...coming in to blast the TV while he eats his Taco Bell dinner dujour and/or taking his shower before he goes off to find meaning for living with his girlfriend, working, or drinking half his monthly income away (so that he can ask me and/or his parents for money when the bills are due). Well, I had a really nice long talk with a friend yesterday and among the things we talked about was my dilemma and she told me not to worry about it...so I decided I wouldn't and that I'd say something today, no matter what.

Well today he smoked while I was awake and didn't split as soon as he was done (that's right, he'll smoke in his bedroom and then leave the apartment immediately afterward -- which, of course, begs the question of why he can't just smoke while outside but then, he's retarded or something so it's not really worth asking) so I had the time to go out to the living room and ask him to not smoke in his bedroom because the smoke goes right through the heating vents into my room. His response: no apology, no plea of ignorance to the non-airtightness of his bedroom, no nothing, just an "ok".

What a fuck-face he is.

In any case, I confronted the guy and that makes me happy. He better fucking heed my request too since it's my name and my name alone on the lease and none of his friends have extra bedrooms, if you catch my drift. Now that I've brought it up, I won't have my timidity to prevent me from bringing it up again if the issue arises. It took him months to work his way up to strike one, but strikes two and three are one-time things.

I swear that's the way it'll be (unless I decided to wait in kicking him out for selfish rent-sharing purposes having not found a roommate to replace him). I'm like that...I'll let something bother me to the point of blood-pressure issues and then after I say something the first time not have a problem with bringing it up again. How weird is that? Then again, that's pretty much a guy thing isn't it?

Oh well, at least my balls dropped today when it came to this little issue. That's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home