Friday, March 12

an open letter to the female gender

I was talking with a girl at work the other day and it occurred to me that a lot of girls need to hear something...a guy doesn't need to be drooling all over you, pawing you, trying to get into your pants to think your gorgeous. And he doesn't need to think you're gorgeous to think that you are the single greatest thing that's ever been. Hell, I've been in love before without showing any symptom outwardly...at least that I was aware of. I have lusted over many girls that had no clue.

It's just that I get this feeling sometimes that an awful lot of girls think that they are less than woderful unless there are guys "being guys" towards them. I say "being guys" because I think it's all in the stereotype -- that we're horny devils that nothing can control....that guys can't control their hormones...that we're driven entirely by the desire to place our penises in warm, moist holes...that none of us can have any tact when desire hits them -- that they lose all self control of mind, mouth, and hands.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

Fuck that. That's all nonsense. Though there is the vast majority that could very well be classified in that way, there are plenty of us out there that are capable of tremendous amounts of lust and love without losing control...I gotta raise my hand there. I know I'm not alone either. I don't know -- there's something involved there that I think is the basis of the whole "nice guys lose" fact of life. That girls not only don't realize just how much we like 'em if we don't go all apeshit...but feel that the absence of said behavior negates the existence of said emotions.

That just ain't so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home