Wednesday, April 21

stupid roommates

Wanna hear something fucked up? My roommate is unemployed at the moment and, I think, hurting financially. He should be hurting financially at least...hopefully to the point of learning a lesson about being fucking retarded.

Anyway....that's not what this is about. Well, yesterday was sorta cold in Michigan...50 degrees or so with a good stiff wind of about 20 mph making it that much colder. The week previous had been rather warm, 70ish, and as such warm enough to open windows and turn the thermostat down to 50 or whatever so it wouldn't fire the furnace. I had turned it up however when the cold snap hit. Well, my roommate -- who's in charge of the gas bill in it's entirety (soething he wanted to pay himself rather than split all three of our mutual bills) -- turned it back down again while I was at work yesterday and let the apartment cool down well below 60. I get home and it's frigid in my room so I turn the thermostat on, up to 64 or something just to get some heat in my room. The furnace fires immediately, then again fifteen minutes later...just to attest to how cold it was.

In any case, it's finally warm enough and I'm sitting in the living room eating dinner and watching the Simpsons when he comes in and says in a semi-whiney voice: "Did you turn the heat on?". "Yeah," I said, "It's freezing in my room." Not a word he says, but stands their silently for ten seconds breathing loudly like he's pissed off (He was behind me and I wasn't about to turn around to answer such a stupid question and so I couldn't see his face)... I get the impression that y turning on the heat somehow is interupting his scheme to not work by not having to pay bills by not using heat, no matter how cold it is. After all, I should be willing to make the sarifice even though it was his boneheaded idea to quit his job...

But anyway, he hasn't spoken to me since.

It's pretty fucking pathetic if you ask me. I came home today and like usually said "what's up?" and he didn't even look at me. Not even a nod. Just a pout while continuing to stare at the television. Every time that we were in the same room together until he just left to play poker with his friends (yes, for money, even though he doesn't have a job...) he was very, very, very cold.

I'm only relaying this story because I find it funny. Funny, Ha Ha. This guy is 25 fricken years old and he acts like this....quitting jobs in the middle of recessions because he doesn't like them, giving his roommate the silent treatment because, God forbid, it's bloody cold out in and he turns the heat on accordingly, and otherwise acting like he's 12 years old. I am so bloody sick of this shit. Seriously.

If anyone knows of anyone in the Grand Rapids, MI area looking for a roommate, please e-mail me. That goes for anyone googling roommates in Grand Rapids or room for rent in Grand Rapids (anyone thinking of anything else to add in order to draw Googler's add them to the comments, I think it works). The rent is $325 a month and bills split evenly come to around $85 (I don't know for sure...given my roommate hasn't gotten on the budgeting plan and he never winterproofed the three storm-windowless windows in the the same room as the thermostat like I told him he should) on top of that. I'm quiet and spend most of my time in my room so I doubt it's that hard to live with me. All you have to be is more responsible than my current roommate (which shouldn't be difficult if you're over the age of, say, 17)...I'm really pretty lenient (I mean, I've put up with my current for 9 months of BS now). ...the sooner I find someone, the sooner I can say buh-bye to my current. Oh, and, of course, I need to give him a month's notice before I boot him so you should keep that in mind.

...okay, enough of the want ad. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home