Friday, April 2

what i'm talking about

So I've mentioned how my roommate drives me nuts by being entirely irresponsible in just about every way, right? Well, now he's quitting his job. Quitting it for no other reason than he doesn't like it anymore. Does he have another job lined up? Hell no. What's he going to do? Live off of his tax rebate until he finds one (yes, this being the guy who blew $6000 in three months while working and just three days ago there was a letter in the mail that looked suspiciously like yet another check from yet another relative). "My old boss called," he says, "and I'll be able to work for him again, I don't know when..." and here's the kicker: "I'll just find a temp job that pays $10 an hour until then."

How FUCKING naive can a person be? How can he even think this so-called "plan" of his is even the tiniest bit workable when his roommate (who actually has marketable skills with writing, editing, and marketing experience and a college degree) just went through a hellish period of seven months of desperately seeking but unable to find a job...even a minimum wage paying position at movie theaters and stores galore? How the FUCK does he think he'll so easily be able to find work (and temp work that pays $10 an hour to non-college grads) when there is still a 7%+ unemployment rate in my neck of the woods that continues to grow with two large employers having laid off hundreds of workers in the last week or two?

In any case, this is one reason why I can't stand him as a roommate...how can I even count on him having rent money for next month when he is so damn retarded when it comes to the real world and how he fits into it? Fuck.

And, of course, it makes me think his girlfriend is even more retarded than ever...a single mother of two kids dating some guy who can't even begin to think about reasonably supporting himself. Scratch that first bit...a mother of three kids 'cuz I'm about fed up of playing the role of mother for the dumbass in abstentia of the woman from whose womb he escaped.

Sorry, sometimes I just need to rant, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home