Sunday, May 30

blogs, blogs, everywhere

Lately there has been a slew of "celebrity" blogs hitting the net though in a really obscure way...First there was the Andy Kaufman blog which made it's way into the internet news a couple weeks ago...supposedly written by the man himself, 20-years to the month of his death, seemingly coming back as he promised he would, when he promised he would.

Then there's "Rance" who is supposedly a Hollywood celebrity that publishes his/her blog anonymously so as to not end up on the streets selling fruit. Rance may be Owen Wilson, Ben Afflack, George Clooney, or any of a bunch of names thrown out by the media that is really starting to pick up the story of this yahoo and run with it (Hell, looking at Yahoo's buzz, Rance is the number 2 searched for term on the internet).

In any case, that's sort of what I don't like about the internet...it's anonymity. I mean, I know that I am on a first name basis here and avoid mentioning too much to make it obvious who I am in real life, but I am a nobody and no one should really care who I really am at all. My opinion is of no consequence except to those that choose to hear it. That's not to say that a dead comedian or anonyomous actor's opinion means much either, but invoking those ideas brings someone that much more sway. You know?

And people speculate as to whether Andy Kaufman really lives or if Rance is really who he says he is, knowing damn well that both are more than likely some pimpled up 23-year-old college dropout living in his parents' basement jerking off to the dillusions of ganduer he has of himself having tricked so many to come look at his little slice of internet, not unlike the jollies gotten by a greasy old man flasher in a trenchcoat getting off on the exhibition of his two-inch schlong to any and all female passers-by. Bah...off on one of my tagents there. Sorry.

I don't know, there's more compelling stuff out there to read. If you want celebrity, I read Wil Wheaton's blog, but Margaret Cho has a well-read blog, as do a bunch of other celebs that I don't have the addy bookmarked. They are for real, and much more interesting in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home