Tuesday, May 4

get active

I almost forgot that I wanted to post something about the meeting I went to tonight. Move On and a bunch of other political groups are working together with American Coming Together this Saturday, May 8 for a nationwide voter registration push. Though it is a non-partisan thing, technically, these are mostly progressive groups that will be going into progressive neighborhoods and businesses and making sure that everyone knows how much is riding on this election come November. Besides, the higher the voter turnout the more liberal the voting is a general trend in American politics anyway...which means signing up gobs of people will ultimately be a good thing.

I know plenty of people that hate Bush but don't like Kerry all that much either and this would be a great way to work on sending Bush back to Texas (or Siberia as one guy at the meeting said tonight, to a loud round of applause) without having to actively support Kerry.

...as for me, I guess I'm going to be one of those campaign for Kerry one night and do the non-partisan PAC crap the next. But it's worth it if the outcome's right, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home