Sunday, May 9

something to do to pass the time

I've taken to bidding on expensive cars on eBay. It's quite entertaining. Yesterday I bid $300 on a 1992 Mercedes that only had a few tens of thousands of miles on it. I was outbid, of course, but I figure if I could get a 1993 Mercedes for $300 that someone out there would be willing to lend me the money and wait for me to resell it again for a big profit a to pay them back (what else is family for?). Anyway, Ive been doing that every now and then.

The thing is, I signed up to be an eBay affiliate for my new site, to sell books, and it looks like I actually make money every time I do this. It wasn't planned or anything, just something I noticed coincidentally. Isn't that messed up? Just for trying to put in a bid to get an expensive car for cheap? Not that I mind it...it's only a nickel every time, but it's something. I suppose it makes sense since my bid of $300 raised the price of the car from $100 to $310 just like that. Heck, maybe I'm getting ripped off here.

Anyway, it made me look into what I get money for and I noticed that I get money if someone just signs up and bids on something (it didn't say anything about winning). So I was just wondering if anyone that reads this would be willing to go to eBay and make up an account (if you don't have one already) and then bid on something ridiculous (something that will obviously sell for a ton but is currently dirt cheap) to see if that's all it takes. I would do it myself, but I don't want to risk being charged with manipulation or anything. I mean, don't do it if you have to give too much personal information, just if you're curious too. And heck, if you ever want to just bid on stupid shit (or anything at all), feel free to click to eBay through the link I just put under the book of the now to the left there, it's non-obtrusive so I think I'm going to keep it there.

Anyway, that's enough of a shill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home