Friday, August 6

I *heart* straight forward dreams

Usually my dreams are pretty bizzare in a David Lynch movie sort of way and nothing but a narrative with maybe some meaning, but nothing I can really discern (I've tried, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar as Freud would say). Lately though, they've been speaking a lot to me and I'm really liking them. They're still mostly cryptic, but last night was an exception to the rule...

I dreamt that I was in high school as my 27-year-old self along with a female friend (also as her 27-year-old self) and it was Homecoming dance time. I was alone and liking this girl but she was going to the dance with one of our high school aged classmates. While we were sitting in class though, her date just started making out with the boy sitting next to her and she was devestated (for obvious reasons) and I started to consoul her, trying to be the nice guy...wanting there to be more. She, on the other hand, started hitting on other high school boys in the class and I got upset, and confronted her about what she was doing -- being ten years older and these being preppy little high school boys and all...

And then the roofers working on the house next door to me started up the damn air compressor five feet outside my bedroom window and I woke up so I couldn't see how it turned out. *sigh*

Anyway, I don't think I need to pick that apart for any regular readers that know how highly I think of the male riff-raff that make up the general population of twenty-somethings in society (most being none grown up from their high school days)...so I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home