Thursday, September 16

four books, no titles

I was looking at some of the stats for this blog in my blogger profile and besides the fact that I have written 860 posts at an average rate of 6 per week over the last 2 years and some odd months, but I have written 207,726 words. Considering that the average book is around 50,000 words, that means that I have written four books worth of posts on this here blog in two years. Four books, that's a lot. And, considering that at some points in time my blog is maybe only a quarter of what I write (at other times being all that I write), I have to wonder just how many books worth of writing I've done over the past two years and, for that matter, throughout my life...with nary a one title to show for it.

See, this is my problem...I misdirect my energies. I could have three titles or more on the NY Times Bestsellers List right now with maybe a Pulitzer in one pocket and the Nobel Prize for Literature in the other (and the million bucks -- or whatever it is these days -- in the bank) but I just write here, in my little ol' online journal thingamabob. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home