Wednesday, September 8

life in the boondocks

Well, I've been at my folks house for a full week now and I'm settling in. It is still sucking how little privacy I have, but I'm coping. I'm sleeping on the futon in the basement, in the room next to the washer and dryer, so that leaves me having to wear more clothes to bed than I'm used to...never knowing when someone might come down to check the laundry. Two one-year-old dogs upstairs on hardwood floors, wrestling with each other is loud, but I'm getting used to that too...sleeping through their 6am scuffles for the most part. The only thing that still sucks horribly (aside from the nosiness thing) is the US Postal Service and the ridiculous amount of time it takes them to redirect my mail. One check I'm supposed to have gotten a full week ago now still hasn't come here, a paycheck that I should've gotten on Saturday too...and I'm still waiting for my security deposit back. This is car money...and I need a car because I just don't have the balls to ask my friends to come up here to pick me up and I don't feel right always borrowing cars. Oh well.

There are some benefits though. It has been so long since I've been able to go outside and hear nothing but the soft hum of the expressway a mile and a half away from here. It's been way too long since I've been able to go outside at night, look up, and see the Milky Way rather than the pinkish glow of city lights. I love that...I never realized how much I missed it. I've always been an astronomy buff, and I find myself going out nightly and staring up, trying to re-acquaint myself with the universe.

Anyway, I'm coping I guess, but I am still so looking forward to getting out of here, getting a car, and resuming a more private and quiet existence again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home