Saturday, October 30

ch-ch-changes

I was home alone tonight, on a Friday, and I didn't feel too bad about it. I happened to look at my phone's received phonecalls and noticed that I've had only ten in thirteen days, and it didn't leave me feeling abandoned. I brought back my family's popcans and bottles and found only a few of the RC and Coke two-liters that indicate how much pop I'm drinking, and it's good to see I've managed to cut waaaaaay back. Yesterday, I e-mailed a friend to tell her how much I appreciate her, and I didn't feel self-conscious about expressing my feelings. Yesterday, I spent the day starting to get things ready for school, rather than waiting for the very last minute like I might otherwise have. During the last project I worked on, I resisted the temptation to always ask everyone what was so funny/interesting/whatever like I always have. For weeks, I have bit my tongue more than half the time I've wanted to make a stupid joke that no one would find funny anyways.

Despite how I may try to ruffle my feathers on this here blog (and in real life) from time to time, I am not generally a very proud person. I am proud, though, that I have been able to change myself as much as I have over these last two months...especially in the last couple weeks. I think I deserve that pride. It's been work, it always is when you try to combat your deficiencies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home