Wednesday, October 20

experience counts

It occurred to me the other day that I have experienced nothing new in something like four years...since I got back from a two and a half week trip to Europe. Yes, there have been some small things like substitute teaching for a year, moving in with a roommate and the host of "little things" that make up life in general (meeting new people and the like) -- but nothing earth-shattering or ground moving. Nothing, really, to give myself a new perspective of the world, a fresh outlook. Basically, I've been stuck in a funk.

I'm still living with my folks right now and it's been one of those sorts of experiences that I haven't had in too long. Living with my younger brother and my father -- both of whom I recognize much of myself in -- giving me a certain insight into my life past and future that I just haven't had in way too long. It makes me want to get up off my butt and start moving myself. I don't know how to describe it really...a fire under my ass maybe.

As I've written before, it's made me re-examine much of my life and "reset" some of those things that have needed it for a long time. It's also allowed me to catch my breath and calm the fuck down...something I haven't been able to do much either. It's swell, it's clarity, it's awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home