Wednesday, October 13

the l-word

I'm watching the debates right now, just as I have the other three, and it has occured to me the irony that exists in Bush's stale old Republican tactic (stale enough that I was doing it when I was Republican in 1992 and 96) of calling the Democrat a liberal...for almost every criticism that Kerry has about Bush failings as president, Bush responds with "...but we've increased funding for that by x%..."

Isn't the criticism of liberals that Republicans partake in mostly about their claims that liberals just throw money at problems in order to solve them? Isn't that exactly what Bush is trying to say he's doing?

By the way, in the first question of the night, Kerry said that Bush said he wasn't concerned about Osama Bin Laden. Bush said he was lying. From CNN, March 14, 2002:

Bush downplayed concern on the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden, saying the accused terrorist mastermind is on the run and "I truly am not that concerned about him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home