Monday, November 8

6 days later...

I've spent the last hour or so going through the pictures on Sorry Everybody and floating between bouts of teary-eyes. It really sucks that so many people in the world are so ashamed of this country, their own country, that they feel a need to apologize to the world. America isn't supposed to be like this.

A further problem is the fact that Bush and his Bushites don't seem to understand what we're going through. I have had Bush supporters openly mock me not, I should hope, realizing that they might as well be teasing me about some major failure that I am deeply ashamed of. I feel naked, I feel abused, I feel...raped. I really do, and it's not going away with time. I am ashamed to be an American with its political weather being as it is. I know I'm not along though as I flip through those photos. At least I have the 48% of Americans that voted for Kerry that feel my pain (and maybe gain up on those 83% of 18-year-olds that didn't vote and beat them bloody). And, it seems, the sympathies and support from many outside this country.

Then again, maybe I should just marry a Canadian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home