Wednesday, November 3

i was all wrong

As of this moment, it is highly unlikely that Kerry will win enough electoral votes to win the election. Doing so would require a miracle in Ohio. However, it is clear that Bush has won the popular vote and little can happen that would effect that.

Now, I've been saying for weeks now that I believed Kerry would win the popular vote by 4-6% based on certain irregularities in the pollsters' methods and a higher than expected turnout, especially amongst the youth. Where did I go wrong?

Well, obviously I put too much faith in my generation to get out there and vote as it seems in early exit polls that the youth vote was no larger than it has been during the last few elections. I am very disappointed in this. 18-29 year olds are completely overlooked by our elected officials, in large part because only somewhere around 40% of us show up at the polls. They don't have to care about us. I was hoping that enough would go out and do their civic duty so that maybe we would be listened to for once. But no. That was just a dream. If you didn't vote: shame on you.

As for the pollsters' methods...I really have no excuse. I'm coming up blank. They were crazily accurate this year even though I haven't been trusting them for much of the last month or so.

Anyway...oops. Oh well. I was looking forward to being right, I have to admit, so that I could stand on some sort of under-read blogish soapbox and admonish the pundits and the pollsters for calling an obviously one-sided election as being too close to call. Instead of owning them, they have owned me. I'm their bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home