Monday, November 15

masters of war

Boulder High School in Colorado had a talent show. Performing were a group of students calling themseleves "The Coalition of the Willing" doing Bob Dylan's anti-war song "Masters of War"...the secret service was called in to investigate.

People in Boulder were supposedly upset by the lyrics which end with "You might say that I'm young. You might say I'm unlearned, but there's one thing I know, though I'm younger than you, even Jesus would never forgive what you do … And I hope that you die and your death'll come soon. I will follow your casket in the pale afternoon. And I'll watch while you're lowered down to your deathbed. And I'll stand o'er your grave 'til I'm sure that you're dead." Written in 1963 by Bob Dylan, it is pretty clear that these kids weren't threatening president Bush in 2004. To a rational person that would seem the case at least. But there's something else:

"These kids are being used to promote an extreme leftist point of view on the taxpayers' dime," Boulder resident James Lemons told KMGH.

Yes, that's it. Dissent and disagreement is a "extreme leftist point of view" and needs to be stopped. At all costs. The only view that should be paid for on the taxpayers' dime is the jingoistic "my country right or wrong" attitude taken up the ass with a smile.

Mr. Lemons, if you read this, you should be glad that there are kids out there thinking for their own damn self. Of course, that's so totally unamerican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home