Tuesday, November 9

no news is bad news

Why is it that I have to visit the website of some hodunk television station in who knows where America to find out that 14 American soldiers have died in the last two days? All that's on the news networks is that the opposition in Falluja is "melting away" as the insurgents, predictably in my opinion, packed up and left for the most part once the fighting started. Only five have died thus far in the Falluja offensive...the other nine were in other battles sparked by Operation Phantom Fury (or whatever they're calling it).

I am fucking pissed that this shit isn't reported. Don't I, as a citizen of this country, have a fucking right to know when the shit's hitting the fan? Isn't it the role of the media to report the news? I mean, I don't like hearing that more American soldiers have died as the result of King Megalomaniac's Mesopotamian wet dream, but I do need to know that that's the case, and it's the medias purpose to report it. But I suppose the media's been letting us all down a little too much lately with it's inept coverage of everything from the war to questioning government policies to just about everything (except the Scott Pederson case, that grabs onto the headlines like nothing else...as if it matters).

...It's just one more force pulling our nation's handbasket into the firey depths of Hell.

I might add that today -- probably, at the rate that our soldiers are being killed, at this moment the number stands at 998 -- will mark the 1000th military death of an American since major combat ended (and the Mission was declared Accomplished by a flightsuited Bush) on May 1, 2003. Ain't it swell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home