Thursday, December 30

a needle in the haystack

With so much death and devastation going on in the Indian Ocean, it's good to see at least one "happy story". It is odd to me how wonderful this story is even though it presupposes the death of a wife and mother. At least a kid has his dad.

It is also bothering me that all these stories that we read come from tourists...white people. There is a sore lacking of stories from the people that actually live in these areas...people that won't ultimately get on a plane and fly away to the safe, undevastated homes to cope with what happened on vacation, but will rather spend the rest of their lives rebuilding the world they live in. It seems somehow dehumanizing to me...as if their stories don't matter...maybe I'm being too sensitive (not that I ever do that).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home