Monday, January 10

getting my sea legs

I just finished my first school paper in six bloody years. It was weird, let me tell ya. I mean, I write in this here blog most every day, and often times with posts that could be seen as college-sorts of essays on current events or even philosophy, but it's not the same, not the same at all.

Here I write for myself...well, myself and anyone that cares to listen (I don't care what any blogger says, you do end up pandering to your audience a bit)...but a chool paper is for the prof and the prof alone. It is not only being written for someone that holds a position higher than you in society, or someone that holds a position of power over a grade that could follow you pretty far, but someone that you can't expect to bullshit. I mean, I can talk a lot of shit...but I just can't for a prof, and it's when I feel the most need to -- because I want to sound smarter than I am. Ugh. That and it's not what I want to write about...something I've always had a problem doing (who knows how many class journals I've neglected in life because I thought the idea was gay). Oh well. I'll cope. I'm just glad to have it done and submitted. whew.

Oh, as for the topic -- the condition of federalism in the United States today...I wrote all about the No Child Left Behind Act. fan-friggen-tastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home