Monday, March 21

how dumb am i?

Cute girl at work...a week ago she came up to me to say she saw me at the bar the previous weekend, but wasn't sure it was me. I take that sort of thing as a sign of one thing or anoter (though I realize that it may just be friendliness). Anyway, tonight some people from work are going to the bar to do a little drinkin' and a little kareokein' and I invited her.

Well, actually, a (female) friend of mine invited her last week. That's good enough you would think. Today she came up to me and asked if we were still planning on going. "Yeah," I say, "you're still coing too, right?". She said she was hoping to. Later on in the day as we were leaving work, me kind of wanting her to go to maybe see if something could happen between us, I ask her again if she's going. If she's still awake she says. Walking out to the parking lot she gets to her car and I keep walking towards the bus stop, I turn to her from across the lot "be there or be square!"

...I am always going to be alone. I may as well get used to it.

Then again, maybe she will show up, maybe something will happen, and maybe I'll get a date one of these days. But maybe I'm just too much of an optomist sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home