Monday, April 25

day of the dead

Last night I went to a friend's house to celebrate many birthdays in weeks to come and weeks past. It was good.

I went to the bar to meet up with a friend, drink some Oberon, play some Kino. It was also good.

While at the bar we learned that the band that's touring with Sting (I forget their name, but they sing the theme to "The OC" and with whom what's his name from Rushmore played drums -- but no more) was at another bar with the friend of a friend and decided to go. I sat and drank with them, while sitting there people came up and asked for their autographs...I've never been sitting at a bar with people who other people would want to sign their names to scraps of paper. It was good.

We went to another bar, me in part because I'm developing a crush on a girl that would be there...I saw an old neighbor, I had a good talk with a friend of said girl. It was good.

At last call my friend and I raced across the street to yet another bar to get yet another drink. While there I saw a girl I'd gone out with a couple times years ago...one half a set of identical twins...one of the hottest girls I've ever had the priviledge to know (let alone hang out with). I approached her, she hugged me in her drunkeness and said it was good to see me. It was good.

I got home at 2:30 fully aware that I'd have to get up three and a half hours later. I slept a restless, drunken half-sleep, waking up when the alarm went off at 6:15. Half dead...and dead I remain right now.

But I have no regrets for the night I had last night. It was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home