Thursday, April 7

lessons learned

On Monday I went to the Black Rose and sang karaoke. Among my four songs was A-Ha's "Take On Me" which I chose, not remembering just how high the damn thing went. I'm going along, some girls dancing, me having fun, when it gets to the chorus...I follow along, relying on memory of the song for my pitch...when three-quarters of the way through the chorus I realize just how high the next lines gets. Rather than give up, I go for it...screech as high as I can get and hit it just right (at least it sounded right in the monitor). So many people clapped, it was amazing. The next time the line came, I did it again...then the third. The fourth time came along and I didn't even try...my throat was hurting.

I couldn't sing right the rest of the night (but who need's to for They Might Be Giants' "Istanbul, Not Constantinople"?) and I was having problems the last too days.

I'm such a whore for attention to pull that stuff off...but I'm not regretting it either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home