Sunday, May 15

the revenge of george lucas

I very reluctantly have obtained tickets to two showings of Revenge of the Sith...one on Wednesday night, a quarter after twelve (the theater charging $35 for 12:01 showings...I guess some really can't wait that extra 14 minutes), and another Thursday night. Both times are with different people, me being a movie person and this being a spectacle -- I often get worn thin like this.

But I digress. I loved the original trilogy, I must confess, but hated the first two prequels. I hated them so much that it has taken away from the original. I just can't stand watching them anymore. I saw The Empire Strikes Back a few weeks ago, and it just made me feel kind of sick...in a weird way like thinking back to an old love knowing how you used to feel juxtaposed against what you later learned about them. A sort of nauseous reminiscence.

That's the feeling I have toward this final, middle, episode. Or at least I did. Rotten Tomatoes has many reviews up already, and they are looking good -- including some snipets of geeks reluctantly claiming that this episode may be the best of the six; even though they never would have thought it.

So maybe, just maybe, this will be a good week at the movies for me. Maybe, just maybe, I will have a little faith restored in that galaxy far, far, away. I hope so...my feelings are slowly rolling into nervous anticipation, to go with the analogy above -- like meeting up with that high school crush ten years later, knowing you were jilted (and it hurt) but hoping that the flame might be relit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home