Tuesday, May 24

wwjd?

Coming home from the movies a couple weeks back, my friend and I saw a sign in front of a church that read "Mess with your enemies' heads -- forgive them." That seemed a tad wrong to both of us in that Jesus would definitely want one to forgive, but not with the intent of "messing with their heads" iow, revenge. Now I find this on Drudge -- a church wishing the Quran to be flushed.

Swell.

I remember seeing a sign in front of a church once that read "open on Sundays" and others that were cute, insightful, and even a bit witty...and that's cool. But when you put up this...shit...it's like spitting in the face of Christ. It's not at all what any of it's all about.

...but then, it's just a continuation of the growing attitude that's partly responsible for shoving me away from the church going on seven years now (has it been that long?).

sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home