Saturday, July 2

all the buzz

Occasionally I check out Yahoo's Buzz just to see what's popular on the internet (at least with Yahoo search engine users). Today the leader of the buzz is Domino Harvey, a model, I guess, who was found dead in her bathtub the other day. Not only did I not hear of this news story, but I never heard the name before...not that I can remember anyway.

It's kind of dumb really -- that this is what people are concerned with enough to use the power of the internet for. I mean, here you have a tool to look up just about any information in the world and you waste it looking up dead models, Jessica Simpson, Brittany Spears, and a whole lot of other crappy musicians like 50 Cent, R. Kelly, Kelly Clarkston, and Mariah Carey. Seriously, look at the list -- there's very little on there worth knowing anything about. Wimbledon maybe, including Maria Sharapova, but I would expect something like "Sandra Day O'Conner" or maybe "Supreme Court" on there or something...but no. Ciara, Green Day, and the WWE are so much more important than the state of the world.

Is this social commentary? Yes. But if you haven't guessed, it's more of a pandering for ridiculous numbers of visitors by referencing as many of the popular search terms as I can in one posting...cuz I'm bored. We'll see what happens. I'll race any of you guys if you'd like...

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home