Tuesday, August 2

briliant, bloody brilliant

J. Grant Swank, Jr. says that embryonic stem cell research is the same as murder. In fact, he says that "to tinker with that embryo for whatever purpose is to do damage to a real live human being."

I wonder where he stands on in vitro fertilisation which is, in fact, the tinkering with embryos (inseminiating ova with sperm outside the body, creating embryos, then implanting them into the mother's uterus), including the creation of multitudes that aren't implanted -- to end up either detroyed or kept in the deep freeze indefinitely (one alternative to these options being, ahem, stem cell research).

I would be willing to wager large odds that the suggestion that IVF be made illegal would be ridiculous to Mr. Swank. I'd wager to guess that he thinks IVF is a good thing since he and his ilk don't rally against that much anymore. I really don't get the hypocrisy of the right, I really don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home