Thursday, August 25

go rover go

So I'm sitting at the coffee shop waiting for the batteries to die on my laptop (might as well suck up all the WiFi I can, eh) and came across the webpage for the Mars Rovers (that have lasted waaaaaay beyond their intended lifespans and are still moving about taking awesome pictures (this image of a Martian sunset being my new desktop). They have both traveled many miles now and one (I never keep them straight) has actually climbed through some of the hills that NASA folk had thought were waaaay beyond reach when the first images of them were sent shortly after landing. This is some cool stuff (and proves to justify the continuation of the space program -- especially since it costs much less than, say, empirilistic storm trooping the globe in the name of "freedom") and you should all take a little time to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home