Friday, September 16

beware the birds

I've been reading and hearing alot about the avian bird flu that seems to be ready to make the leap to human in SE Asia...the flu that the World Health Organization believes is going to be the next pandemic, killing millions (maybe a billion) worldwide, and destroying the economy (and, of course, the US government isn't ready for it). I'm kinda freaked out...there's only so much that can be done about it aside from crossing one's fingers and trusting that the authorities can do something about it before it spreads too far.

Anyway, I don't really have much to say about it (except that I'm going to order some quality face masks in the next week or so...just in case), I just want to let everyone know what's hanging out there on the horizon. I know I'm not one to pay any attention to the terrorist "threat"...but the dire consequences of this natural possiblity, coupled with the government's hush-hush attitude towards it, worries me. It doesn't hurt to be prepared with some face masks, that alochol hand stuff, and a month or two worth of canned food (especially considering that it's about time for Meijer's stock-up sale for those of you in the MidWest).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home