Saturday, September 24

the stuff people sell

Some of you may have noticed the google ads that are at the bottom of this and every page on this site (and on the right side there -->) but very few of you have clicked them (I know because I'm losing money on keeping this site up). In any case, I make a point of clicking interesting ones from time to time, just to make a few cents here and there.

In any case, I clicked one yesterday and came to this site which states "Imagine a program that would FREE you from smoking or weight once and for all! We offer you all of the life changes and YOUR FREEDOM!". The snarky response to this first line of the page is "you can cure me of wieght? Does this mean space flight?" But then I realize tat thats kind of lame. Then I wonder where the hell the broken English that permeates this site comes from, the clinic being located in very English speaking Windsor, Canada (across the border from Detroit). Then I come around to wondering how many people are in the business without any clue of how they represent themselves makes them look. English is a given, even someone with no skillz can tell when something's the tiniest bit askew. The journey of thought ends, however, when I think of how so many of the excellent writers and editors I know can't find a job...and how ironic it is that so many people out there really, really, need to hire editors.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home