Saturday, October 22

it begins now

I received a catalog in the mail yesterday for Heifer International and I think I know what I'm getting my family for Christmas -- farm animals. I'd heard of the group before, but never really read much about them...in case you haven't, they provide farm animals to the poor and starving in the third world as a way to help them out of their problems -- animals meaning milk, cloth, food, and commodity to people that might not have anything else. You can buy a sheep or goat or pig for $120, a llama for $150, a cow for $500 or several other helpful animals for lesser amounts. Given that I don't care much for the whole giving and receiving of presents -- it seems like a beautiful thing to give a gift to a third party on others' behalfs.

If you're interested, here is their catalog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home