Wednesday, October 19

my million dollar baby...almost

So around the beginning of September I saw a news report about the avian flu that got me searching the net for more information -- inducing a low level paranoia after reading a page put together by folks who probably over-prepared for Y2K as well -- and I kept coming across "the nanomask". "Regular masks don't keep out particles as small as flu viruses" several pages kept repeating, "the nanomask keeps out everything!" I'm not denying that, and I've actually given though to purchasing one just in case the bird flu does go pandemic (I can guarantee that face masks will be all the range if and when it happens). I mean, they're cheap.

But I digress. So I look into the company a bit, including their stock info...and find that it's trading at 30-cents. "If I had $500 to invest, I'd put it into that" I told myself. But I didn't, not in a brokerage account anyway. Remember, this is a month ago.

Today the stock closed at $1.05 -- yes, had I done it I would be up over $1000 above a $500 investment...in one month (it went up 20-cents yesterday alone). Of course, since then I have opened an account (with scottrade...if anyone's interested in signing up, a referral lands you and I both three free trades -- e-mail me) and my money is now available to invest. I am not missing another chance like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home