Tuesday, October 11

thanks for nothin

Last night, while sitting alone in the bar waiting for people who had said they'd show up but never did, I got to thinking -- my social schedule is not my own. It is a rare day indeed when I see my friends on my turf, to hang out with them where and when I'd like to...every meeting, every hang out, seems to be called by them with my tagging along. Of course I oblige, I want to see them, I want to hang, I care for them after all and that's what friends do sometimes -- sacrifice to make those you care about a little happier (no?) -- but the favor is not reciprocated, at least not to any liberal definition of equity. It's gotten so bad that there are few things that I even suggest anymore, assuming that the answer will be "no" and maybe "let's go to the bar instead!!!" It's small wonder that I have so little initiative with new people...I've been beaten down to nothing by my friends.

The question, of course, are people that do this to me really my friend?

(and before any feelings are hurt: if you're a friend, you're reading this, and I know tht you are -- that's two people -- you can count yourself out of this minor vitriol...it's other people on my mind)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home