Monday, December 5

did i miss something?

I'm just catching up on the late news before I go to bed, when I came across this article about the further unravelling of the so-called "coalition of the willing". Bascially, most everyone is threatening to pull out and Bosnia has joined...anyway, I'm puzzled by two pararaphs:
In his strategy for Iraq, announced Wednesday, President Bush said expanding international support was one of his goals. He also seemed to address the issue of more allies withdrawing.

"As our posture changes over time, so too will the posture of our coalition partners," the document says. "We and the Iraqis must work with them to coordinate our efforts, helping Iraq to consolidate and secure its gains on many different fronts."
First, if "expanding international support" is truly one of the president's goals, he's not doing very well...obviously. More puzzling, to me at least, is the second part of that -- the quote -- when the fuck has the president's posture changed? On anything? Ever? Did I miss something?

I want to figure what the hell that man's on. I really do.

1 Comments:

Blogger daniel said...

it's classic Bush doubletalk...or as he himself would say..."mixed messages."

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home