Wednesday, December 14

so close, yet so far

Along the same lines as my post the other day ... I was reading this article about Bush's speech today to the Woodrow Wilson Center and thinking to myself "wow, maybe Bush really is starting to turn around and admit that he's not perfect". After all, the other day he admitted for the first time that tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis have been killed and that he misjudged the welcome we'd receive. Suddenly, in this speech today, he's admitting the intelligence was wrong and that he was responsible for fixing the problem. "Okay," I think, "this is something". Until I read this:
"My decision to remove Saddam Hussein was the right decision. Saddam was a threat and the American people and the world is better off because he is no longer in power," the president said.
A typical Bushian doublespeak: Yes, the intelligence that said he was a grave threat to the United States and Middle East was wrong, he's saying, but he was a threat to the United States and Middle East and needed to be removed.

If my eyes could roll any further back into my head, they would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home